Highlight Reel #2

 

Procrastination has become a recurring theme of my blog 😅 Truth be told, I've been swamped between working far too much and also closing on a house. It's exciting, anxiety inducing, and time consuming. I just can't wait for the process to be over and to move in and start making it my own. Yes, there will be a space in the basement for wrestling lol.

Anyways, enough about all that. You are here for hot guys grappling in trunks. Here's a look at 2 matches that stood out to me over the last month:

Scrappy vs Joey McCoy - Weekend Wrestling 

 
"Since Scrappy's return to Weekend Wrestling, he's been high on love. Yoga, meditation and hugging it out with the bros are the ways he resolves conflicts since his time away and up until today, that method has served him well." 

Well, hugging it out doesn't work very well in underground wrestling. (Unless it is a bearhug, of course)

He's soon interrupted by someone who can ironically enough be defined as an actual scrapper, underground jobber Joey McCoy. As far as I know, he's only filmed for Muscleboy Wrestling up to this point, and all of his matches that I've watched there have been great! His talent is a welcome addition to any roster. Glad to see Joey make his debut at Weekend.

This was another entertaining pro match from WW. I liked Scrappy's gimmick too. The look fits him pretty well.

Favorite moments:


Jett Bentley vs Drew Harper - 88Wrestling


88Wrestling has had some really great matches this year! Jett vs Drew is no different. The theme is kinda goofy. It opens with Drew laying on a beach towel in the middle of the ring and lifeguard Jett telling him that the beach is closed. Regardless, this was a solid match. Drew and Jett are 2 wrestlers that never disappoint in the ring or on the mats. I was glad I added to my 88Wrestling collection. The theme brought back hints of memories of old school Can-Am Vancouver Beach Wrestling matches. Maybe I should dig out my old DVD collection and revisit them.

Favorite moments:



There have been a lot of new releases I still have my eye on and it's frustrating not having the time to check out the ones I really want to check out and blog about. I'll get back to my full length reviews soon. All in due time, I suppose. 

I still have the next KSW match on deck as well. KSW champion Mike Storm will take on the mysterious newcomer Damian Terror! Damian was training at the KSW grotto before covid hit and had to return home, but he was recently able to fly back from Mexico to make his debut.


Look for this match sometime in the near future.

-Mikey



Comments

  1. OMG, I could sit here all night watching that GIF of Scrappy's assets!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, that was definitely one of the highlights of the match lol

      Delete
  2. I’ve been missing your reviews but good luck on the house!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Unscripted: Hans Auslander vs Forrest Taylor

Brutal Brendan Byers vs Brody Merritt - Weekend Wrestling

Gabe Steel vs Kal Handsome - Weekend Wrestling