Keeping Up

Soooooo it's been quite a while since I've sat down to blog. Personal stuff, work, and probably a nice helping of seasonal depression are to blame (thankfully it's going to be near 80 all this week.) I just haven't had the time or concentration recently. I know I've never exactly posted on a regular basis, but almost two months has gone by and I wanted to at least share some kind of update on here.

Hot Releases:

While I haven't shared any reviews, I've still checked out plenty of really awesome matches over the last 2 months

Roger Atlas vs Diego Maya - Weekend Wrestling



Zach Ramos vs Jack Dillon - Muscleboy Wrestling



It's so cool to see studs from the indie wrestling scene making their debuts or returns! I think we could all come up with at least a short list of indie guys we'd love to see shoot with some of the underground companies. Yeah, we love hot guys in gear, but we want also want solid wrestling too right? Nothing turns me off more than moves and holds being no-sold, and that's typically something I don't worry about when competitors with in-ring experience show off their skills for us.

No disrespect to the non-indie guys of course! It's always exciting to see what they have to offer and I've been pleasantly surprised on more than one occasion as to how well some of them pick up and learn the ropes so quickly.


Hot Challenge 3: Dark Jr vs Steve Mason - Hunks Wrestling






Ty Shadow vs Aiden Langston - Muscleboy Wrestling


I hope to give some of these a full review eventually.

On the title of the post: "Keeping Up," how about all of the new companies that have popped up so far this year? There are so many now both professionally shot and more amateur style of filmed matches that it's become a little tricky to keep up with new releases. Several months ago, I attempted to start a weekly post called "The Underground Rundown" where I shared all the newly released matches that had come out the previous week. I had to end it after 2 weeks because there were literally too many 😆

I usually set aside a certain amount of money each month to spend on match purchases and/or subscriptions if I am able. I have my go-to websites that will always be at the top of my list, but with what seems like an explosion of underground wrestling promotions over the last year I sometimes find myself not being able to decide and then just not buying any matches until the interest sparks in my brain again. Typically the next day 😆

I might highlight the newcomers on the block in a post sometime soon.


I've mentioned more than once in my reviews that one of my favorite parts about blogging is making the headers for my posts. It's really fun and I love getting creative and spending time perfecting each one. Here's a few I made that are currently in draft form for their respective review posts:




It's just a hobby at the moment, but I would love to turn it into a side gig of sorts in the future. I don't think I've really made much of an attempt to put myself out there really. I am by no means anything close to a professional, but I like to think I do a decent job with them. Although I can't make any promises since I am a busy boy as of late, I'm always open to requests for individual or match promo style graphics. It's something I could easily set aside a few hours a week for.

hint hint nudge nudge

Anywho, I don't want to ramble on too much so I'll end this post here. I hope you are all doing well, and as always thanks for taking the time to check out my posts and reviews :) Fingers crossed I will blog more actively again in the very near future.

-Mikey


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Unscripted: Hans Auslander vs Forrest Taylor

Brutal Brendan Byers vs Brody Merritt - Weekend Wrestling

Gabe Steel vs Kal Handsome - Weekend Wrestling