Chris Rockway vs Silas - Thunders Arena


Chris Rockway vs Silas - Thunders Arena

Last week I was talking with one of my wrestling buddies about planning a day to meet up and hit the mats one of these upcoming weekends. (I use the term "mats" loosely here. I have a mediocre set up in my basement, but hey, it works!) We love talking about recent underground matches we've bought and what got our dicks hard the most. He'll usually bring over his laptop so we can watch a match or two from both of our collections in the background. 

It's always nice to have something to watch while I have him in a camel clutch or I'm choking him out 😋 (I know you're reading this)

ANYWAYS, I'm getting off topic here. So he brings up Thunders Arena, which I haven't paid a ton of attention to recently. 

"You have to check out Silas. He's pretty new to their roster and I know you'll love him"

Fast forward to yesterday and I'm here at my PC making the above header for this review because the match was awesome and I really wanted to share my thoughts with you guys.  

"I heard you're the new coach"

Yeah, he's a fuckin' hot coach too

"Well, I don't need a coach" Silas tells Chris with a smile and a tone that oozes arrogance.

We'll find out if he does soon enough.

The match starts out with intense but friendly energy. The guys start grappling back and forth, smoothly countering and transitioning through holds like nothing. Both Silas and Chris put their experience on display for each other trying to get an advantage.




Mid-way into the match, and the guys are at a stalemate. During their battle for control, a couple choke out/pass out attempts have occurred. Some technical, and some unorthodox. I'll keep it a secret as to whether they were successful or not. Throughout the first half you can gradually sense the tension start to build and this match will go from what looked like a friendly submission competition to an intense and sweaty mat battle as both men want to put the other away and claim victory.

It'll get dirty. The once friendly banter is no longer followed by laughs, but by glares of rage. For me, I feel like this chest bump in the first gif below is the signal that Silas is done fucking around.



Lucky for us and not so lucky for Silas, Chris is done fucking around too. I told you it'd get dirty.

The last half of this match is a fury of ball grabs, crotch pins, submission and choke attempts that will leave you guessing up until the very end. Even in the final seconds, I was on the edge of my seat and the edge of, well...you know...😛not knowing if there would be one last minute rally and come back to sneak away a win.  

In the end one of these hunks will be snoozing on the mats with the victor taking a good rub down of his fallen opponents body before exiting off the camera. 

Goddamn. I hope we get to see these 2 face off again and the sooner the better. Maybe a pro-style battle in the ring? Maybe a no holds barred last man standing mat battle? I'll take any kind or style match. I just want to see them go at it again!

I can't get over how much Silas reminds me of Seth Rollins back in his indie days when he was known as Tyler Black either...





Anyways, can't wait to see what other trouble both Silas and Chris can get into this year 😛

 Chris Rockway vs Silas - Thunders Arena


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Unscripted: Hans Auslander vs Forrest Taylor

Gabe Steel vs Kal Handsome - Weekend Wrestling

Brutal Brendan Byers vs Brody Merritt - Weekend Wrestling