KSW Knockout Awards 2022

 

I was hesitant to call this years review blog "awards" since I didn't catch nearly as much underground wraslin' as I have in previous years. I missed out on a lot, but I kept the title to stick with tradition. So rather than doing ranked lists, I'm instead going to share my favorite wrestlers and matches from this past year, along with some other highlights and features that deserve mentioning. You'll also see some matches and wrestlers I watched/liked but didn't quite get the chance to blog about this year. My choices are in no particular order:



So, keep in mind here my favorites may not match yours. I love getting recommendations and as always, your thoughts and opposing opinions are welcome and encouraged!


This was hands down my favorite pro-style match this year. Want to know why? You can check out my review by clicking here and the match on W4H here

 

I've re-watched this one quite a few times. Seeing the absolute hunk of a man that is Stefan take a hot and sweaty demolition from Etienne was a real treat this past year and was an easy favorite to include. I didn't get around to reviewing this one (I may eventually.) You can check out the match on WrestlingMale by clicking here

 


The pre-cum leaking through Ty's trunks throughout this match is everything you need to know. In terms of eroticism, this was the hottest match I watched all year. This is one that unfortunately I never got around to reviewing, but this one along with Ty's latest match against Brody Fox are both on my list. Check out this hot match on MBW by clicking here
 



Ty exploded onto the underground wrestling scene this year with Muscleboy Wrestling in his debut match against Aiden Langston (another hot rookie) in what MBW called "one of the most impressive and smoldering debuts in MBW history" and I totally agree. I can't wait to see what trouble he can get into on the mats this coming year! What a man.



Another recruit from the indies, Jack Dillon made his debut this year with both Muscleboy against rookie Zach Ramos and at Weekend Wrestling against Nick Karras. He's not afraid to get a little raunchy in the ring and knows how to give the fans what we want! I've got a mental list of opponents I'd love to see him up against in 2023.


Although he wasn't a stranger to some, Zach made his underground debut with Muscleboy against Jack Dillon as mentioned above. He brings his infectious smile and love for wrestling to the scene. He's a GREAT jobber and from what I've seen, he looks like he can be a wicked heel too! I'm excited to see who Zach will face this coming year.


Silas was brought to my attention a few weeks ago by a friend of mine, and I'm so glad I took his advice and checked him out. He's a very skilled grappler and hot as fuck to watch on the mats. His match against fellow 2022 debuting fighter Chris Rockway (who is just as great!) was the perfect introduction to this handsome and talented wrestler. Well on his way to underground stardom in my humble opinion. I have a feeling 2023 will be a very good year for Silas!



No description need here. Check out a few of my favorite KO's from this past year:

Dark Jr. vs Steve Mason - HunksWrestling

 


 Zack Reno vs Eliot Everhardt - UCW


Roger Atlas vs Diego Maya - Weekend Wrestling




From January 1st 2022 until today, my blog has been hit up 108,000 times. Thank you!

You guys checked my blog out the most in both January and in August this year.

The most viewed post of the year was my review of Joey Nux vs Topher DiMaggio from Wrestler4Hire I did back in 2020:


Sweaty Sleeper Squash: Topher DiMaggio vs Joey Nux: Wrestler4Hire


And the most viewed post out of those I created this year was my review of Danny Mercury vs Nick Karras from Weekend Wrestling:

Danny Mercury vs Nick Karras - Weekend Wrestling


Again, thank you all so much for your support this past year! It's always nice to know I'm not shouting into the void when I share my reviews and opinions about matches that I love. I've been getting a lot of comments lately about the header graphics I make for each review I do. The compliments really mean a lot and I can promise you I will keep improving them and continue to do my best to make hot, fun, and eye-catching graphics! I hope one day it leads to something beyond my blog.

2023 is going to be an awesome year for underground wrestling and I can't wait to see what all the companies and fighters have in store for us. Have a safe and happy New Year!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Unscripted: Hans Auslander vs Forrest Taylor

Gabe Steel vs Kal Handsome - Weekend Wrestling

Brutal Brendan Byers vs Brody Merritt - Weekend Wrestling