Flex City: Jett Bentley vs Chase Lundquist

 

Jett Bentley takes on fellow muscle stud Chase Lundquist in the latest release from 88Wrestling. The pair have faced each other before, three times. I haven't seen any of those, but I may have to check them out. I typically don't like to post spoilers, but the 88 website is open about it so I will be as well. In all their previous encounters, Jett has been on the losing end. So lets all head down to "Flex City" and see if he can get some revenge.

Jett Bentley vs Chase Lundquist - 88Wrestling

First a quick pit stop on our road to Flex City...the wrestling aside, there are two things I have always admired about 88Wrestling.

1. Graphics! The website and match graphics/headers are always eye catching and unique, something I strive for myself when I create my own headers for my reviews. Even though creating my own is something I've always really enjoyed and wouldn't mind turning into something more, 88 does an incredible job already so there's no need for me to spice it up to grab your attention 😇 and speaking of attention grabbing, that brings me to point two

2. The gear. Let's be honest. All the guys at 88 would look good in just about anything, but the gear selection for their wrestlers is ALWAYS on point! I mean, just look at Chase in particular. It's as if those trunks were designed for him.

Anywho, sorry for the detour...


W H E W

Chase's bulge and Jett's biceps are going to be highlights of this match for me, I can already tell. In some scenes we get both



Once the action starts in round 1 it never turns off. It's an onslaught of flexing, submission holds, flexing while in submission holds...WOOF! I like a match that comes out just as advertised.

I've seen a few Jett matches, but this is the first time I'm viewing Chase. From photos and previews I've watched of him on other websites, I just assumed he was a perpetual underground jobber like Z-Man or Blayne. Both have surprised me and unleashed a aggressive streak in a match or two, and the same happens here. I mentioned in a previous post that I was finding myself viewing one too many squash matches as of late, and this is a really nice change of pace.



Still, Chase is at his best in this match when he's on the receiving end. He suffers like some of the top jobbers on the scene and doesn't oversell being caught in holds. It feels real.

In contrast, Jett makes for a great heel in this battle (and trust me it's a battle.) He arrogantly flexes while punishing his opponent in a great mix of submission holds throughout. There's no need to worry if you are rooting for Chase as he puts Jett through a similar ringer.

A backbreaking submission scores the victory in round 1, and the action spills over into round 2.



The only difference in round 2 is that the intensity ticks up a notch with neither man wanting to submit to his opponent. The pressure is on for the loser of the previous round and it's a best out of three contest as is customary at 88Wrestling. If it isn't evened up at the end of this one, it's all over for one of these cocky slabs of man meat. I won't spoil if the match goes all 3 rounds, but it has a length of 25 minutes

Bulges, butts, and biceps. What more could you ask for when taking a trip to Flex City?

Oh, you want to see one of these sweaty studs pose in victory over his defeated opponent? Yeah, I think I'd ask for that too...and don't worry, you'll get it!

This is a fierce ring battle that has a great flow, even in between the rounds. Flexing and wrestling, no breaks in the action! I was already a fan of Jett going into this one and seeing Chase suffer so naturally (for lack of a better word) when he was trapped in Jett's control really wants me to see him job out to some other guys on the roster. It was really hot! We'll see what 88 has in store for us.

So, does Jett get his revenge on Chase? It's a super close match, and there's only one way to find out for sure:

Jett Bentley vs Chase Lundquist - 88Wrestling


88 also has a DVD sale going on until October 6th for those interested. Check out the main page of their website for more:




Comments

  1. What I would give to be there during filming. Too bad you don’t offer a raffle 🎟 for a V.I.P. backstage access during these filming. I’m sure guys would pay to enter. Just a suggestion.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That IS a nice idea. I don't work for these companies though. I'm just a blogger lol

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Unscripted: Hans Auslander vs Forrest Taylor

Brutal Brendan Byers vs Brody Merritt - Weekend Wrestling

Gabe Steel vs Kal Handsome - Weekend Wrestling