Joey Nux vs DJ Beckham Jr - Wrestler4Hire

 

I wanted to pick up a new match today and had my eye on several, but when I saw Joey vs DJ released the other day on Wrestler4Hire, I knew it was the one I had to check out first! I've reviewed plenty of matches featuring Joey, but this is my first match review for DJB. He's an incredible indie talent who joined the W4H roster in late 2019. I've watched one too many underground squash matches as of late. There is a decent size difference between the two, but DJ's skill should keep at least a good portion of this match pretty even...at least I hope lol

Joey Nux vs DJ Beckham Jr - Wrestler4Hire

Right off the bat Joey reminds himself and the viewers that this is his ring, a recurring mantra he has repeated in several matches. He gives off pure heel energy here in both demeanor and appearance. I'm really digging his attire!


A frustrated DJ enters the ring and tells Joey hes tired of hearing about how strong and tough he is. DJ is here to test himself, but it may be Joey who is the one being put to the test...

The two squared circle Alphas start with a test (tests) of strength. Personally, I'd put my money on Joey here, but both have rock solid builds. These initial tests could go either way as the two heels feel each other out.


It's not long before the actual wrestling starts. It picks up quick. With the exception of the occasional stipulation, underground wrestling is typically "anything goes." No ref's to call the match or end it with DQ. This is no different and DJ gets dirty right off the bat.


Can you blame him? Like I said above both of these guys are solid muscle, but with Joey's size advantage, DJ has to get creative to even the odds. Let's be real though. We all know it's going to take more than a few rope chokes to keep Joey down.



At the mid-point of the battle, both guys are pretty evenly matched in my opinion and the two revisit the tests of strength once again. However, it's much shorter this time as frustrations boil over. Joey has the size advantage, so the even pace is likely angering Joey and encouraging to DJ.

There are several points in this match where either of these dominant studs could be declared the winner, each even scoring a solid knockout...but as the testosterone and desire to humiliate their opponent takes control of each man, neither will call it a day until they are fully satisfied with proving their opponent inferior


For the entirety of the match, these two dominant personalities clash and it's a battle in who can out-heel the other until one of these men is left in a pile of defeat, clutching his balls in the corner and unable to continue. This was an awesome back and forth with some REALLY hot moments throughout the whole thing. It's just what I was looking for! Joey and DJ are a great combination!

Indie guys who show up on the underground scene are always unpredictable as far as a return goes. I really hope DJ comes back to film more matches!

I hope you enjoy this one as much as I did! Check it out for yourself on Wrestler4Hire:

Joey Nux vs DJ Beckham Jr - Wrestler4Hire

 


 

 

Comments

  1. Great review!
    Your thoughts on matches are one of my favorite reads on the site!

    DJ Beckham Jr. has become one of my go to performers on the underground wrestling scene. (His Indy work has always superb as well.) His first (?) match here at W4H against fellow Indy star Caleb Klein remains a replayable favorite … that match is two seasoned Indy studs in a private setting where every hold is emphasized and every drop of sweat is glistening. DJ against Gabe Steel in a "bro battle" in a bedroom makes me wish this was in a ring but changes my mind quickly.

    I’ll pick this match up eventually but gotta admit the Joey Nux "…my ring!" screed is getting worn out. Joey needs someone to write him some new dialogue… someone like… maybe, Mikey Aarons?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I still have to check out his match with Caleb and Gabe but they both look great!
      I have a feeling most of the matches Joey says that in were filmed in the same weekend lol

      Delete
    2. Ha! You’re too kind to Joey, my good sir.
      (I kind of figured he only had a limited vocabulary 😉)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Unscripted: Hans Auslander vs Forrest Taylor

Brutal Brendan Byers vs Brody Merritt - Weekend Wrestling

Gabe Steel vs Kal Handsome - Weekend Wrestling