Tedros vs Roger Atlas - Weekend Wrestling


Editors note: This is Weekend Wrestling's match from last Saturday. Later today they will be releasing Johnny Greco vs Diego Maya, and I'm just as excited about that match. I'll get to it soon for sure.

Already a fan of the studly slab of beef (and outstanding wrestler) that is Roger Atlas, I knew I would have to check out this match from Weekend Wrestling when I saw via their Twitter account he would be taking on hot debuting hunk Tedros. I had a feeling I would love this one before it was even released. In the match description it says "Tedros, the self-proclaimed "Friendliest Guy at Weekend Wrestling."
Well, that's a 100% heel smirk Tedros has painted across his face if you ask me...so maybe we'll come to find out he's the friendliest heel at Weekend. Let's see if I'm correct. I'll even keep score.

Tedros vs Roger Atlas - Weekend Wrestling

 



Things start off friendly enough. Tedros gets his handshake, but Roger doesn't seem all that interested in getting to know one another. Tedros sure does though. While asking Roger about his gear, he starts to get a little more curious than most would, even making his way to feeling up both of Roger's biceps. Maybe this is a bit of foreshadowing of things to come 😋


Just 3 minutes into the match and my verdict between friendliest "guy" and friendliest "heel" is already tied up at 2-2. Tedros takes it to Roger full throttle from the very first take-down. Ramming the brawny bro into the corner and tying him up on the mats with ease. "I think I want to hear you scream...can you scream?"



Roger screams alright, but it's not long before he is hulking over the newcommer. Not a position you want to be in with Roger Atlas.

Ok, well maybe you do 😆

Anyways.

Now it's Rogers turn. He takes the fight to Tedros just as hard, lifting and tossing the rookie like nothing. Even throughout all of this, Ted can't help but to cop a feel of Roger's awesome pecs. Who wouldn't? Tedros reverses a would-be powerbomb from Roger by forcing him to the ropes using his strength (and some help from gravity.) He shoves his package into Rogers face, and then goes for what I'm calling the Prince Oberyn. Game of Thrones fan should know where I'm going with this lol. 

And that dirty tactic brings our score to:
Friendliest "guy" - 4
Friendliest "heel" - 7





I loved the physical and verbal back and forth throughout this match. Sure, wrestlers grunting, screaming, and emitting your typical pro wrestling sounds is just fine, but listening to the trash-talk between two competitors allows matches like this to offer so much more than just eye candy and also helps develop a character for future matches and possible rivalries.

This was an awesome introduction to Tedros. He's got a great personality for the ring and it made this match all the more fun to watch. Pairing him with a more no nonsense guy like Roger was a great choice for his debut. I can't wait to see what Cole at Weekend has planned for him next.


After a few near falls and plenty of reversals, a scorching hot submission will score the knockout victory for one of these opposing forces.

Oh, and the final tally:
Friendliest Guy at Weekend Wrestling - 5
Friendliest Heel at Weekend Wrestling - 9

Only time will tell if this holds true.

I hope you enjoy this match just as much as I did!

Tedros vs Roger Atlas - Weekend Wrestling

Thanks for checking out my first review/post of 2023! I shared on Twitter that I'm really going to try to start blogging at least once a week. I can't promise, but I'm really going to try. I'll of course be sharing more reviews of matches I love, along with other underground wrestling related topics. I hope you all had a great holiday and New Year! 

-Mikey

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Unscripted: Hans Auslander vs Forrest Taylor

Gabe Steel vs Kal Handsome - Weekend Wrestling

Brutal Brendan Byers vs Brody Merritt - Weekend Wrestling