Dirty D vs Danny Mercury - Weekend Wrestling

 


Dirty D vs Danny Mercury - Weekend Wrestling

The first thing that captured my attention for this match even before I saw the preview was the photo below:



I'm a big gear fan (I'd assume most of us are) and to me, the choice of gear in a match is very important and Danny looks hot as fuck in his blue lace-up trunks! Yeah I get thongs are hot, but I've always felt they are used too often and unfortunately can give the match a bit of a stale vibe before it even starts. This is of course just my opinion, but I'll always take speedos, pro gear, or singlets (as long at the straps come down at some point!) over the skimpier options. Anyways, that's another topic for another post. 

I can't fail to mention the menacing Dirty D, one of Weekend's most calculated and methodical heels crocuhed down over his defeated (potentially) opponent. Hell yeah.

Ok, onto the match.



Danny tries to convince Dirty D to take a hike, probably not looking forward to a possible David vs Goliath battle. D of course isn't going anywhere and his only concern seems to be beating the crap out of what he sees as just another piece of meat for him to devour.


Don't expect it to go that way though. Dirty D is a tank, but Danny has agility on his side along with a heel streak of his own, and can answer to a lot the offense thrown his way (even when that offensive beat down is several minutes long.) If you've seen any of D's previous matches, you'll know this only makes the task of crushing his opponent that much sweeter. I'm sure even heels get tired of 20 minute squash jobs. As much as I love a good jobber dismantling, I also get tired of them. I somewhat expected thats what this would be, but I'm SO glad it isn't!




When it comes to underground wrestling, a great pro style match will always top the charts as a favorite for me and this is one of those matches. It does take a bit to really ramp up, but I'm glued to my screen by mid-match. Hot and also entertaining, it will leave you guessing up till the final moments when one of my all time favorite submission holds is applied and one competitor has no choice but to give up.

Another solid and great match from the boys at Weekend Wrestling. If you love pro as much as I do, you won't want to pass this one up!

Dirty D vs Danny Mercury - Weekend Wrestling

Run Time - 23:16
Price - $29.99 a month subscription -or-
$15.99 24hr rental/$27.99 own to stream

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Unscripted: Hans Auslander vs Forrest Taylor

Brutal Brendan Byers vs Brody Merritt - Weekend Wrestling

Gabe Steel vs Kal Handsome - Weekend Wrestling