Reno Razed: Brendan Byers & Cole Cassidy vs Zach Reno - Weekend Wrestling


I've mused more than once about what a favorite of mine Zach(k) Reno has become. I also picked him as my #1 fighter in my 2019 review post. A true underground talent without question. Heel, jobber, or a solid back and forth, he can do it all and do it well. He also can pull off both a hairy or smooth body (and so can Brendan!) Needless to say I was immediately sold when I had a post come across my Twitter feed that he was going to be double teamed by Brendan Byers and Cole Cassidy in Weekend Wrestling's next release.

Brendan Byers & Cole Cassidy vs Zach Reno - Weekend Wrestling

Cole brings in Brendan who, in handcuffs, seems totally under Cole's control. The two enter the ring where Zach is already waiting. Cole brandishes a taser. "You know what happens, right?" he says, as he turns the taser on briefly, which seems to activate Brendan and causes Zach a bit of a fright as he backs up into his corner. This taser form of control is used a few times and it's a concept I really enjoyed during the match.


Reno Wrecker...ACTIVATE! 😆

Brendan removes his cuffs and goggles, and with Cole there to make sure the job gets done, the methodical dismantling of Zach Reno begins. Brendan brings out plenty of pro power moves and the encyclopedia of every torturous submission hold you can think of. He flexes over Zach's suffering body multiple times, and wow does he look incredibly sexy in those shiny black trunks. I swear they were made just for him. 





Having heel Brendan up against total jobber Zach is a combo that never really crossed my mind before, but goddamn its perfect. Throughout all of this, Cole watches on in delight (as will you) as this underground champion is utterly destroyed. That is not an exaggeration either. Zach is bent to his breaking point numerous times and his suffering is award winning. Before the match is even halfway through, it looks like Zach is already almost out cold in several of the holds and holy fuck it's hot! Pin attempts often follow these holds, but Zach just won't stay down! Countless moments almost put me over the edge during this match, but trust me when I tell you to save it for part 2 where an even more savage end awaits Zach.




I know it's only April, but I can see this easily being the winner of the "Favorite Squash" category come time for my end of 2020 review. There are so many incredibly hot moments in this match and I made so many gifs I think I spent more time trying to figure out which ones to use and which ones to scrap than I did actually writing this post.

Of course, I like to see Zach win. I was thrilled when he became the UCW champion and got his revenge on Tyson. I'm not sure if he still is now, as I haven't gotten around to his first title defense.  However, at Weekend Wrestling he is surrounded by a roster full of bigger guys like Brendan, Cole, Scrappy, and Drew Harper. So, seeing him as a helpless jobber definitely makes sense here and holy shit let me tell you I'm all for it!!!






Oh! If you haven't seen it yet, I just posted the latest episode of KSW a few days ago. You can check that out here: KSW Season 3 Episode 6




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Unscripted: Hans Auslander vs Forrest Taylor

Brutal Brendan Byers vs Brody Merritt - Weekend Wrestling

Gabe Steel vs Kal Handsome - Weekend Wrestling