Joey McCoy vs Nick Flex - Muscleboy Wrestling


I've been wanting to check out both Joey and Nick since they have made their first appearances on MBW. Nick already has an impressive match listing and Joey is no stranger to the MBW mats either. 

Joey McCoy vs Nick Flex - Muscleboy Wrestling


"Just keeping it sanitary" I'm glad to see MBW is using good COVID disinfecting measures. Joey and Nick need to work on their social distancing, however 😆😜

Nick walks into the mat room looking for his opponent, but finds Joey cleaning the mats. It's not long before a cocky remark from Joey gets the big man angry!


 "I'd probably kick your ass anyway"




As one might expect, that comment didn't work out all that well for Joey. He's got a REALLY great build and he's definitely not a push over, so he has plenty of reason to be confident here, but Nick also has a great build...along with a 7 inch height advantage and an 80 pound weight advantage



Believe it or not, this ends up becoming a very competitive battle. Which isn't surprising considering Joey's background. Seeing indie guys in an underground match ads an extra layer of purchasing confidence because even if I may not be all that familiar with the wrestlers or maybe not a fan of the match style, I know I will still be watching a decent match with great skill, good selling, and precise holds.

I will say, this match would have been much better suited for a ring instead of the mats, but that's only a minor criticism imo. Pro wrestling fans will love this match without a doubt! 



Another thing I just loved about this match...both guys are covered in sweat for the last 10 minutes or so and it's HOT! Drives me nuts when I'm watching a sweat soaked battle only to see a scene change or camera cut and you can clearly tell both wrestlers have toweled off. I understand this could be a safety precaution to prevent slipping or injury, but fuck...nothing beats a sweat soaked conclusion during any match!


FUCK! I dare you to tell me I'm wrong lol

It's always awesome when a match can totally surprise me and keep me guessing until the end, and Joey vs Nick does just that. After a grueling half hour battle, one of these men will walk away with his hand held high while the other stumbles out of the mat room dazed and confused. Who will it be?


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Unscripted: Hans Auslander vs Forrest Taylor

Brutal Brendan Byers vs Brody Merritt - Weekend Wrestling

Gabe Steel vs Kal Handsome - Weekend Wrestling