Texas Rope Match: Joey Cantrell vs Axel - UCW

 

I was really excited when Joey returned to UCW and it was difficult deciding between his match here with Axel or his "Mexican Death Match" with Lobo. I decided on this one, with it being his first return match...and who better to welcome him back than UCW's own underground legend Axel! Joey is looking hot af now as well. He's gone from wiry and scrappy to rough and rugged, looks wise at least. Woof! We will see if this carries over into the ring as well. 

Joey Cantrell vs Axel - UCW 

And what perfect gear choice for Joey too. His ass is ready to bounce right out of his trunks

🤤🤤🤤🤤🤤🤤🤤🤤
 
 
Joey points out the rope around Axel's neck and says "I think we can make this interesting." I think the guys can as well. In a Texas Rope (or bullrope) Match, both competitors have one end of a rope linked around their wrist and the match is won when one competitor is able to touch all 4 turnbuckle corners, traditionally. I don't think I've seen an actual Texas Rope Match on the underground scene. This could be a first, but UCW is known for its no rules attitude so we will see what plays out here.
 
Wholesome content  

 

Barely anything (if anything at all) in this match feels scripted and you would never know Joey has been MIA for a few years. I have no idea of the relationship between Joey and Axel, but it's clear they still know each other very well in the ring, and it creates a precarious ring environment for the two of them. The aggression and the driving momentum towards a victory for each is at it's peak.
 



We see Axel in trouble a lot in this match. Something he or viewers may not be used to. Joey knows how to use the rope to his advantage as well. Maybe this match stipulation was a bad idea on Axel's part? There are plenty of submissions and chokes, and enough views of Joey's ass in those awesome trunks to keep me satisfied for days. I got so distracted by it a few times I had to rewind and see what I missed out on 😆
 

 
I knew I was really going to enjoy this match, but it also surprised me as to how incredibly good it actually was. This barn burner of a match does the Texas Rope theme justice and is hot and unpredictable all the way till the very end!



My only regret is not checking this one out sooner. Of course, I've been stupid busy and also just mentally exhausted. There's plenty of procrastination in there too. Maybe I should change the name of this blog to Knockout Procrastination Wrestling: "Oh, I'll have plenty of time to review that match tomorrow." 😂 
 
Anyways, check out this hot return of Joey Cantrell today! 


Joe over at Ringside loved this match as well. Here's what he had to say

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Unscripted: Hans Auslander vs Forrest Taylor

Brutal Brendan Byers vs Brody Merritt - Weekend Wrestling

Gabe Steel vs Kal Handsome - Weekend Wrestling