Knockout Awards 2023: Part 2

 

Time for part 2! This won't be as lengthy as part 1(click here if you missed that one!) but I'll still be covering plenty, including top posts from this year and some things I'm looking forward to in 2024.

Listed below are the top 5 reviews I shared this year that got the most hits. Not too many surprises here lol

 #1: Brendan Byers vs Brody Merritt - Weekend Wrestling


#2 Josh (Silas) vs Gabe Steel - WatchFighters


#3 Gabe Steel vs Kal Handsome - Weekend Wrestling


#4 Sir Dark vs Tim World - WatchFighters


#5 Beastyboy vs Tripp Evans - WatchFighters


Below are the top 5 posts from previous years that got the most hits in 2023. I don't think Joey vs Topher will ever leave this list at the end of each year lol. One of my favorite matches of all time. Coming in at #2 this year, it's no surprise it still gets as many views as it does.

#1 Hans Auslander vs Forrest Taylor - *OnlyFans


*this trio of matches can now also be found on both Hans and Forrest's WatchFighters pages


#2 Joey Nux vs Tohper DiMaggio - Wrestler4Hire
*


*The link in the blog post goes to the old W4H website. This match can be found by searching Joey and/or Topher on the new W4H page. I will get the links in the review changed as soon as I can


#3 Chris Rockway vs Silas - Thunders Arena


#4 Dax Carter vs Joey McCoy - Muscleboy Wrestling


#5 KARN vs Joey Nux - Wrestler4Hire*

*This is easily my favorite sleeper match from recent times. Hot as fuck! Unfortunately, Cameron hasn't moved this one to the newer website after switching from the original W4H site. Hopefully he does that soon! Really happy to see this one rounded out the top 5.




Zach Ramos - Zach wrestles for Muscleboy and also has a few matches on BG East and WatchFighters. He made it to my favorite debuts list on last years rewind post and I'm glad we got to see him really break out in 2023. Still, I didn't see him as much as I had hoped though, so here's to the fans getting even more of this hunk in 2024!

Monstah Mike -  I'm really glad I was able to find the time to review Mike's match against Evan Sterling at the beginning of this month. He's got a handful of matches with Muscleboy, BG East, and (as Reggie) at Thunders. This fuzzy mountain of muscle always puts on a hot and erotic match for the fans regardless of who he's put up against and looks hot as hell giving or taking a beating!

Bam Bam Bossio - I like to stay away from proclaiming any underground wrestler as the "best" or "favorite," but just assuming I did, Bam Bam would be in the running. All of his matches on both Wrestler4Hire and Weekend Wrestling never disappoint and always give the fans a great match! Can't wait to see what he has in store for us in 2024!

Christian Thorn/Shawn Duncan - Christian really is a jack of all trades when it comes to wrestling. From giving the fans intense and competitive action at Movimus, or delivering hot pro-style action at W4H, he always gives a hot performance regardless of where he falls on the jobber/heel spectrum. His matches are some of the most re-watched on my wrestling hard drive. Haven't seen a whole lot new from him the last half of this year. Hopefully that changes in 2024!

Silas - Much like Bam Bam, I checked out as many Silas matches this year as I was able, and there's still plenty I have on my radar. Primarily at Thunders along with a handful of matches on W4H and WatchFighters, Silas was one of the hottest wrestlers on the scene this year (both literally and figuratively.) He really seems to have a great grasp and understanding of exactly what the fans want to see. Similar to Christian, I didn't see anything new from him the latter part of this year. Hopefully he's just taking a break and we'll end up getting plenty of Silas in 2024!


Joe over at the Ringside blog also shared his annual "52 matches that made the year their bitch" post. You can check that out here

Well, that's a wrap! I hope you enjoyed reading both of my posts as much as I did putting them together and writing them. As I said in part 1 last week, THANK YOU SO MUCH for coming back to my blog time and time again to check out my thoughts on the matches and wrestlers I highlight. I hope I was not only able to turn you on to some great matches and fighters, but also helped you make good decisions when deciding on picking up a match or not. You really are the best. Can't wait to see what the underground wrestling world gives the fans in 2024!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Unscripted: Hans Auslander vs Forrest Taylor

Gabe Steel vs Kal Handsome - Weekend Wrestling

Brutal Brendan Byers vs Brody Merritt - Weekend Wrestling